The Scholarships Committee consists of a Convenor appointed by Universities New Zealand – Te Pōkai Tara and eight members, one nominated by each university in New Zealand
What we do:
We manage the application and selection processes on behalf of donors for a number of nationally contestable undergraduate and postgraduate scholarship programmes.
Frequency of meetings:
The Universities New Zealand Scholarships Committee meets annually in December. Throughout the year scholarship committee members may sit on any number of other selection committees for the scholarships that Universities New Zealand administers on behalf of donors and benefactors.
Key UNZ contact:
Jon Winnall, Scholarships Manager, (Ph:) 04-381 8500, email@example.com
Committee Convenor: Professor Peter Whiteford
- Dr Wayne Smith, University of Auckland
- Dr Andy Godfrey, AUT
- Professor Kay Weaver, University of Waikato
- Associate Professor Tracy Riley, Massey University
- Dr Mary Jane Shuker, Victoria University of Wellington
- Professor Bryce Williamson, University of Canterbury
- Professor Charles Brennan, Lincoln University
- Professor Jacinta Ruru, University of Otago