The funds for this scholarship are provided by the income from a bequest made by Mrs Elsie Violet Wells. The scholarship supports postgraduate students at Master's level to carry out research in the fields of medicine, veterinary science, agriculture, psychology, psychiatry or theology.
The fields of research in which the scholarships will be tenable for the years 2023 to 2025 are as follows:
- 2023 Medicine and Veterinary Science
- 2024 Agriculture and Theology
- 2025 Psychology and Psychiatry
Applicants will be:
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- undertaking full-time study at a NZ university.
- in the thesis year of their Master's degree in the year of tenure.
Value, number and tenure
The value of each award is $2,000.
Normally one scholarship is awarded each year.
Each award shall be tenable for one year and that year shall be the thesis year of a Master's degree.
How to apply
Read the Regulations to confirm your eligibility to apply.
Apply online here.