These scholarships are provided by KiwiRail to enable the sons and daughters of KiwiRail's permanent employees to undertake a first undergraduate degree or diploma at a New Zealand university, polytechnic, or college of education.
- be the daughter or son of a permanent employee of KiwiRail (as at 1 December in the year of application)
- be intending to enrol, or be currently enrolled, full time for a first undergraduate degree or diploma at a New Zealand university, polytechnic, or college of education
- be able to demonstrate that their course of study aligns with KiwiRail's core functions (see the Regulations)
- not have received a KiwiRail Scholarship before.
Value and number awarded
$2,000 per annum for one year
Up to ten scholarships are awarded annually.
1 December at 5pm (NZ time)
How to apply
- Check your eligibility.
- Read the Regulations.
- Applications must be made online. A link to the application website is here.