Sir Douglas Myers Scholarship
The Sir Douglas Myers Scholarship is for undergraduate study at Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge University, and is made available through the generosity of the late Sir Douglas Myers. The Scholarship provides an opportunity for students who have already distinguished themselves academically to attend one of the most prestigious universities in the world. Sir Douglas expressed the hope that graduates will return to New Zealand to become leaders in their chosen fields, to the direct benefit of New Zealand and its people.
Candidates for the Scholarship must:
- be entered for the Year 13 senior school examination (for example, NCEA Level 3, Cambridge exams, etc.) or equivalent senior school exam in the year of application
- have a record of achievement sufficient to satisfy the academic criteria for entry to Cambridge University and Gonville and Caius College
- be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents
- normally have completed their five years of secondary schooling in New Zealand.
Value and number awarded
One scholarship is awarded each year and provides tuition fees and a living allowance.
Opening and Closing dates
Opening: 1 September
Closing: 1 December
How to apply
- Check your eligibility.
- Read the Regulations.
- Applications must be done online. A link to the application website is here.