Woolf Fisher Scholarship
Due to uncertainties around international travel and study opportunities, the Trustees of the Woolf Fisher Trust have decided to suspend the Woolf Fisher Scholarships for study at Cambridge University for one year, so there will be no selection interviews in 2020 for studies commencing in 2021. The Trustees intend to resume the awards in 2021 for study commencing in October 2022 at Cambridge. For further information, please email email@example.com.
These scholarships were established in 2003 by the Trustees of the Woolf Fisher Trust to honour Woolf Fisher as co-founder, with Maurice Paykel, of the company Fisher & Paykel Limited (1934) and foundation chairman of New Zealand Steel Limited (1965). Three scholarships are offered each year to enable students of outstanding academic ability to undertake their doctoral studies at the University of Cambridge.
The main objective of the Trust is that Woolf Fisher Scholars will make a significant commitment to New Zealand and become leaders in their fields.
Successful scholars will possess many of the qualities admired by Woolf Fisher: integrity, leadership, boldness of vision and exceptional zeal, keenness and capacity for work.
- be a New Zealand citizen.
- be under the age of thirty in the year of application (i.e. will not have reached their thirtieth birthday by 31 December in the year the application is submitted)
- have attended a secondary school in New Zealand for at least two years, and
- have graduated or are expected to graduate with a first-class honours degree from a university in New Zealand.
No application will be considered from a student already living outside of New Zealand and no award will be made for post-doctoral study.
Value and number awarded:
A maintenance allowance of £15,000 sterling per year for each year of fuill time study; an annual economy non-transferrable airfare to and from London, and the approved University Composition Fee which includes the College Fee. It is estimated that each Scholarship will have a value of approximately $100,000 per year.
Up to three scholarships are awarded each year.
How to Apply:
- Check your eligibility
- Read the Regulations
- Read the Application Guidelines to help you complete your application.
- Complete your application in the Universities New Zealand on-line application system here.