Talofa lava, Malo e lelei, Kia orana, Ni sa bula vinaka, Halo olaketa, Namaste, Kam na mauri, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Ia orana, Mahalo, Malo ni, Kia ora and warm pacific greetings.
Komiti Pasifika role is to advance and promote the collective national interests of New Zealand universities for any matters relating to the advancement of Pasifika. The Komiti was established in 2018 and the current Chair is Assistant Vice-Chancellor Hon. Luamanuvao Dame Winnie Laban, Victoria University of Wellington.
See our latest facts and statistics about Pasifiks students within our universities - Building Pasifika Success
Komiti Pasifika Members
- Assistant Vice-Chancellor, Hon. Luamanuvao Dame Winnie Laban, Victoria University of Wellington
- Pro Vice-Chancellor Pacific, Professor Damon Salesa, The University of Auckland
- Assistant Vice-Chancellor Pasifika, Dr Keaka Hemi, University of Waikato
- Dean Pacific, Professor Palatasa Havea, Massey University
- Assistant Vice-Chancellor Māori and Pacific, Dr Dione Payne, Lincoln University
- Director Pasifika Development, Pauline Laufutu-Simpson, University of Canterbury
- Director Pasifika Development, Dr Tasileta Teevale, University of Otago
The Cycle 6 Academic Audit includes an Enhancement Theme in which universities collectively address an issue which is important to individual universities and of national significance. The topic for the Cycle 6 Enhancement Theme is “Access, outcomes and opportunity for Māori students and for Pasifika students”. An Enhancement Theme Steering Group has been formed to guide and oversee theme activites and progress. Luamanuvao Dame Winnie Laban and Tasileta Teevale are Komiti Pasifika's representatives on this committee.
Universities New Zealand - Te Pōkai Tara:
Te Pouhārō Māori
Portfolio Manager, Education System and Māori
Nō Waikato ki Parawera