Committee on Student Administration and Academic Services (CSAAS)
About the committee
The Committee on Student Administration and Academic Services (CSASS) is concerned with the strategic and operational objectives of the university sector in relation to student administration and academic services. Its chief objective is to provide integrated professional leadership to the delivery and development of quality service provision.
It consists of up to two staff members from each university, at the director or group manager level, in the area of student administration and academic services.
What we do
CSAAS provides advice and makes recommendations to individual Vice-Chancellors and Universities New Zealand – Te Pōkai Tara on matters relating to its brief. It contributes to the formulation and implementation of policy and advises on potential risks, implications and fiscal impacts. It also identifies strategic opportunities for collaboration, cost savings and sharing best practice.
The committee maintains relationships with government agencies such as the New Zealand Qualifications Authority, Immigration and StudyLink on matters pertaining to the services it provides, and is itself a forum for the collegial exchange of information that might identify trends, risks and opportunities.
CSAAS meets three times a year.
Key UNZ contact
Wendy Robinson, Portfolio Manager – Academic Programmes
- Trish Laurenson, University of Canterbury (Chair)
- Joanna Browne, Waipapa Taumata Rau, University of Auckland
- Heather Merrick, AUT
- Richard Stewart, AUT
- Mike Calvert, The University of Waikato
- Tim O'Brien, The University of Waikato
- Diana Kessler, Massey University
- Fiona Coote, Massey University
- Dr Sue Walbran, Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington
- Richard Neal, Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington
- Heather Couch, University of Canterbury
- Hamish Cochrane, Lincoln University
- Jo Gibson, University of Otago
- Jennifer Haugh, University of Otago