Council of New Zealand University Librarians (CONZUL)
The Council of New Zealand University Librarians (CONZUL) is a Committee of Universities New Zealand – Te Pōkai Tara.
CONZUL's objective is to act collectively to improve the access for students and staff of New Zealand universities, to the information resources required to advance teaching, learning and research. The objectives are embodied in CONZUL's statement on Open Access.
CONZUL supports programmes that facilitate the sharing of knowledge, resources and enabling NZ university libraries to purchase resources collaboratively, including:
- University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ), a borrowing scheme for students and staff;
- Council of NZ University Librarians Acquisitions Consortium (CONZULAC), which was formed to negotiate the supply of monographic materials.
- CONZUL collected New Zealand University Library Statistics from 1999-2009. From 2010 the statistics are available on the CAUL statistics website.
Key UNZ contact:
Annette Beattie, Portfolio Manager - Knowledge & Technology
CONZUL members are:
- Linda Palmer (Chair), Massey University
- Anne Scott (Deputy Chair), University of Canterbury
- Sue Roberts, University of Auckland
- Kim Tairi, AUT
- Ross Hallett, University of Waikato
- Janet Fletcher, Victoria University of Wellington
- Damian Lodge, Lincoln University
- Howard Amos, University of Otago