Information and Communications Technology Committee (ICTC)
The Information and Communications Technology Committee (ICTC) acts collectively to provide leadership in, and advance the efficient and effective use of ICT, to support the universities core purposes of teaching, learning, research and administration.
ICTC consists of the directors of information technology from each university. It also takes an active role in developing national initiatives, such as advanced data networking, and co-ordinates collaborative activities where appropriate. The committee provides strategic advice and guidance to Universities New Zealand – Te Pōkai Tara.
The committee maintains contact with counterparts overseas and in particular Australia. All New Zealand universities are eligible for membership of the Council of Australasian University Directors of IT (CAUDIT) and the chair of the Committee is an invited member of CAUDIT’s executive.
Key UNZ Contact
- Jason Mangan, University of Auckland (Chair)
- John Pye, University of Auckland
- Liz Gosling, AUT
- Eion Hall, University of Waikato
- Richard Williams, Massey University
- Stuart Haselden, Victoria University of Wellington
- Michael Oulsnam, University of Canterbury
- Fiona Taylor, Lincoln University
- Mike Harte, University of Otago