The Scholarships Committee works with the Universities New Zealand – Te Pōkai Tara (UNZ) Scholarships Office to manage application and selection processes on behalf of funders for a number of nationally contestable undergraduate and postgraduate scholarship programmes.
The Committee consists of a Chair appointed by UNZ and eight committee members, one nominated by each university in New Zealand.
The scholarship programmes managed by UNZ provide a variety of opportunities for both current students and graduates of New Zealand universities.
UNZ works with scholarship funders supporting candidates studying in New Zealand as well as offering opportunities to study offshore.
Frequency of meetings
The Scholarships Committee meets as required but normally no more than once a year. Throughout the year, Committee members may sit on any number of other selection committees for the scholarships UNZ administers on behalf of donors and benefactors.
Key UNZ contact
Professor Duncan McGillivray
- Professor Caroline Daley, Waipapa Taumata Rau, University of Auckland
- Professor Mark Orams, AUT
- Professor Karin Bryan, The University of Waikato
- Professor Tracy Riley, Massey University
- Dr Mary Jane Shuker, Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington
- Professor Ekant Veer, University of Canterbury
- Professor Travis Glare, Lincoln University
- Professor Dave Baxter, University of Otago