Directors of Student and Academic Services (DoSS)
The Committee of Directors of Student and Academic Services acts collectively to provide leadership and advance the provision of student services supporting student wellbeing, teaching, learning, research and administration by students and staff of New Zealand universities.
The Committee maintains close relationships with related sector organisations such as AMOSHE and ANZSSA. Further functions of the Committee are to lead the work on sector-wide provision of a framework and structure for student wellbeing (mental health) and sexual harm prevention.
The Committee is chaired by a Director of Student and Academic Services and made up of the Directors from each university.
Key university contact
Annette Beattie, Portfolio Manager – Cross-sector projects
- Joanna Scarbrough, AUT (Chair)
- Brendan Mosely, University of Auckland
- Mike Calvert, University of Waikato
- Amy Heise, Massey University (Acting DoSS)
- Pam Thorburn, Victoria University of Wellington
- Lynn MccLelland, University of Canterbury
- Dr Hamish Cochrane, Lincoln University
- Karyn Thomson, University of Otago