Subcommittee on University Entrance
About the Subcommittee
The Committee on University Academic Programmes (CUAP) established a Subcommittee on University Entrance to coordinate advice from universities to the New Zealand Qualifications Authority to define a common standard of entrance to universities.
What we do
The Subcommittee provides information on the administration of discretionary entrance, coordinates the evaluation of overseas qualifications presented for the purposes of admission, evaluates university foundation programmes offered by non-university providers in New Zealand, offers policy advice on matters related to the secondary–tertiary interface, and ensures university staff are appropriately involved in curriculum development and examination in the senior secondary school sector.
Frequency of meetings: annual.
Key UNZ contact
Wendy Robinson, Portfolio Manager – Academic Programmes
- Professor David Crabbe (Deputy Chair of CUAP), Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington
- Sue Laurenson, Waipapa Taumata Rau, University of Auckland
- Heather Merrick, AUT
- Dr Tracy Bowell, University of Waikato
- Jean Jacoby, Massey University
- Associate Professor Bronwyn Wood, Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington
- Professor Catherine Moran, University of Canterbury
- Dr Megan Clayton, Lincoln University
- Rhonda Brodie, University of Otago
- Cathy Powley, Schools-liaison Representative, Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington