Sub-Committee on University Entrance
About the CommitteeCUAP established a sub-committee on university entrance to coordinate advice from universities to NZQA to define a common standard of entrance to universities.
What we doThe sub-committee provides information on the administration of discretionary entrance, coordinates the evaluation of overseas qualifications presented for the purposes of admission, evaluates university foundation programmes offered by non-university providers in New Zealand, offers policy advice on matters related to the secondary-tertiary interface, and ensures university staff are appropriately involved in curriculum development and examination in the senior secondary school.
Frequency of meetings: Annual
Key UNZ contact:
Wendy Robinson, Portfolio Manager - Academic Programmes
Committee Convenor: Emeritus Professor Dugald Scott, Deputy Chair of CUAP.
- Sue Laurenson, University of Auckland
- Dr Ineke Kranenburg, AUT
- Dr Tracy Bowell, University of Waikato
- Professor Giselle Byrnes, Massey University
- Professor Linda Trenberth, Victoria University of Wellington
- Andrew Bainbridge-Smith, University of Canterbury
- Dr Megan Clayton, Lincoln University
- John Price, University of Otago
- Bruce Hart (State School Representative), Heretaunga College
- Grant Lander (Independent School Representative), St Paul's Collegiate
- Cathy Powley, Co-opted Member, Victoria University of Wellington